Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:22
1. Find names of David's wives; tell where they were from and what children they bore.
I Samuel 18:27b
II Samuel 11:3-5, 26, 27
I Chronicles 3:1-9
2. (a) Name the first woman David married and describe her character. (I Samuel 14:49; 18:20-29; 19:11-17; 25:44;
II Samuel 3:12-16; 6:16-23; I Chronicles 15:29)
(b) Why did they marry? (I Samuel 16:12; 17:23-27, 57; 18:1-3,
(c) Do you think this was a marriage of commitment, a crush, or
politics? Why or why not?
3. (a) How did David meet Abigail? (I Samuel 25)
(b) Describe the character of Abigail.
(c) How was she a helpmeet to Nabal?
4. (a) Describe Bathsheba and her circumstances when David first
saw her. (II Samuel 11:1-5)
(b) Do you think Bathsheba knew the king was in his palace when
she bathed? Why or why not.
(c Do you think a respectful appeal by Bathsheba might have
changed Davids mind? (Consider I Samuel 25 as you answer.)
(d) What was the outcome of their encounter? (II Samuel 11:6-26;
(e) What commandments did they forget? (Deuteronomy 5: 17, 18,
21; II Samuel 12:9)
6. (a) Tell events in the life of Bathsheba as she aged. ( II
Samuel 12: 24, 25; I Chronicies 3:5; I Kings 1:11-31; 2:13-25)
(b) How did Bathsheba grow in wisdom?
(c) Which of David's wives seem to have qualities of the
Proverbs 31 woman?
7. What next step will you take to fulfill the criteria of the
Proverbs 31 woman? (Put into a prayer request to share with your partner)