Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:25
Read Luke 1:5-80
1. Tell characteristics of the marriage and home of Elizabeth
2. Why do you think it was considered a shame for a woman to
have no children? (Deuteronomy 28:1-4; Psalms 127:3-5)
3. Compare the angel's birth announcements for the sons of Elizabeth and Mary. (Luke 1:11-20, 26-38)
(a) Elizabeth's son
(b) Mary's son
4. Why do you think Elizabeth remained in hiding for five months
5. (a) What did you find significant in Elizabeth's greeting to
(b) About what common subject did each woman speak, in her
(c) What have you learned from the relationship of Elizabeth and
Mary which you will apply to relationships in your life?
6.Using a Biblical dictionary or footnotes, try to find the
Hebrew meaning of the name John.
7. What did Elizabeth learn from the prophecy of Zacharias
(a) the future work of her son?
(b) the future work of Mary's son?
(c) How old was John when Jesus was born?
8. (a) What impact might Elizabeth have had on her son to
prepare him for the ministry?
(b) What should you be doing to prepare your child for Gods
9. Write a prayer from a lesson you have learned from Elizabeth