Women of Grace 2005-06
Women of the Bible
Homework for Lesson Two
Your homework will help sharpen your understanding of the Bible and is a
ministry to others as you share your answers in your small group. Prayerfully
think through each answer with the expectation of sharing with others what God
has taught you.
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:11-12
1. Read Genesis 1:26-3:24. (a) Compare and contrast God's creation of Adam with
His creation of Eve.
(b) What was Eve's unique purpose?
2. (a) Give details about their lives in the garden of Eden.
(b) What would it be like to live in innocence?
3. What were the steps that led Eve from temptation to sin? (James 1:13-15)
4. How did Satan deceive Eve? (2 Corinthians 11:3; I Timothy 2:13, 14; I John
5. (Gen 3:14-19) (a) How were the lives of Adam and Eve changed after God's
judgment on their sin?
(b) How did their relationship with each other change?
(c) How did their relationship with God change?
(d) What hope did God give Eve as He cursed the serpent?
6. (Matthew 4:1-11; I Corinthians 10:13, 14; Philippians 4:13; or other verses)
(a) How are we to respond when we are tempted?
(b) What defenses are given to Christians to resist temptation?
7. What protection has God given us so that we may not be deceived by false
teaching? (Ephesians 6:10-18)
8. What practical steps can you take this week to avoid yielding to sin? (Write
as a prayer request in 10-12 words)