Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:23
1. Scan the following: Hosea 1-14; Jeremiah 3:6-10; Ezekiel 16:15-34; Leviticus19:29-32; 20:1-9; Deuteronomy 23:17, 18
(a) What repeated theme do you see?
(b) What was the circumstance of Gomer's marriage to Hosea?
Hosea 1: 1-2
2. List the names of Gomer's children and the meaning of each.
3. (a) What do you think was the reason for Gomer's whoredom
before she married?
(b) Why do you think she returned to whoredom after Hosea
(c) How do you think Gomer felt when Hosea loved her again and
brought her back from her adultery?
4. (a) Using the Scriptures from question 1, what did Gomer and
the nation of Israel hope to gain by their whoredoms?
(b) What did they lose?
(c) How did God restore His people to Himself?
Hosea 2:22, 23; Romans 9:22-26; I Peter 2:9, 10
5. (a) How was Gomer's relationship with Hosea like Israel's
relationship with God?
(b) How is your relationship with God like Israel's relationship
6. After what lovers do you chase that you will now forsake?
7. What truths have you learned from the life of Gomer or of
God's grace to the underserved?
8. What valley of trouble are you in today? (Put in the form of
a prayer to share with your prayer partner)
9. What resources has God given you that make that valley a door