Women of Grace 2005-06
Women of the Bible
Your homework will help sharpen your understanding of the Bible
and is a ministry to others as you share your answers in your small group.
Prayerfully think through each answer with the expectation of sharing with
others what God has taught you.
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:20
1. Read 1 Kings 16:31; 1 Kings 18:18- 19:3; 1 Kings 21:1-29; 2
Kings 9:30-37 (a) What details do you note about Jezebel's life and character?.
(b) What actions of Jezebel tell you about her devotion to Baal?
2. In 1 Kings 19:1-3, Elijah ran from Jezebel. According to Psalm 37:1-11: (a)
how should we react to evil doers?
(b) What happens to evil doers?
(c) What happens to the righteous?
3. Consider ways that you might cause someone to sin or stumble. (see 1 Kings
4. Although we would not intentionally recruit false witnesses, what are some
attitudes which can render us willing to hear and receive a false witness?
5. Ahaziah walked in the way of his father Ahab and mother Jezebel (1 Kings
22:51-53). What are some good paths your parents exemplified for you?
6. Jezebel put paint on her eyes and adorned her head to get ready for conflict.
How should you get ready for conflict? (1 Peter 3:3-4)
7. Read Revelation 2:18-23. (a) What were the church's strengths?
(b) What was the church's sin?
(c) What does God say he will do to those who practice these sins?
(d) How will you rid yourself of idols that draw you away from serving the
8. Read Psalm 139:23-24. Consider times in your life that God has searched you
and led you. Write a prayer of thanks to our great God.