Women of Grace 2005-06
Women of the Bible
Homework for Lesson Four
Lot's Wife and Daughters
Your homework will help sharpen your understanding of the Bible
and is a ministry to others as you share your answers in your small group.
Prayerfully think through each answer with the expectation of sharing with
others what God has taught you.
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:14
1. (Genesis 13:5-13) What were the circumstances which led Lot
away from Abraham to the city of Sodom?
2. (Genesis 14:8-16) How had God shown His love and mercy to Lot
and his family before the destruction of Sodom?
3. (Genesis 19) (a) What did Lot's wife and daughters observe
about the character of the men of Sodom, including Lot?
(b) How did the two angels reveal their godly power to them?
4. (a) How did God show His mercy to Lot and his family?
(b) What might have caused them to linger, despite God's
5. (a) Why do you think Lot's wife looked back towards Sodom?
(b) What values did Lot's wife pass on to her daughters?
6. (Luke 17:26-33) What warnings does the Lord Jesus give as He
asks us to remember Lot's wife?
7. (II Peter 3:10-13 and I John 2:15-17) (a) What do these
passages teach you about holding on to the things of this world?
(b) What earthly things might cause you to look back?
8. What lesson has God impressed upon you this week after
studying these passages? Please write your answer in the form of a prayer
request to share with your prayer partner.