Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:29
1. By comparing the behaviors of Mary and Martha in Luke
10:38-42 to the soils described in Luke 8:4-15, what soil do you think best
described each sister?
2. (a) What was unique about the way Jesus addressed people in
the following passages? Luke 10:38-42; 22:31; Acts 9:4
(b) What attitude is implied by Jesus manner of address?
3. Compare the separate greetings given to Jesus by Mary and
Martha after the death of Lazarus. (John 11:1-44)
4. Compare the confessions of Martha (John 11:27) and Peter
(Matthew 16:15-17). What titles did each give to Jesus?
5. When Lazarus died, which sister chose the good portion? (Luke
10:42) Give the reasons for your answer.
6. How did Johns account of the dinner at Bethany differ from
the accounts of Matthew and Mark? (Matthew 26:6-13; Mark 14:3-9; John 12:3-8)
7. (a) What was the value of the oil Mary poured on Jesus? (Mark
(b) How much was paid to Judas for betraying Jesus? (Matthew
(c) Did Marys action impoverish the poor?
8. In the study of Mary and Martha, what steps of maturing faith
did you see in:
9. List Christian virtues you found in Mary or Martha which you
would like to develop in yourself. Make this your prayer request.