Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:27
1. Read I Kings 16:23-27, II Kings 17:21-41. Who were the
Samaritans and what were their religious practices?
2. Read John 4:5-29; 39-42. (a) What observations do you note
about the Samaritan Woman?
(b) What barriers did Jesus break down in order to minister to her?
(c) What was her need when she came to the well?
3. How would you characterize the Samaritan woman's life in
comparison to the Proverbs 31 woman?
4. (a) What is the living water Jesus referred to in John
(b) Based on the Samaritan woman's response to Christ's offer, what could she have been thinking?
(c) What was her attitude about this water?
5. In verses 16-18 Jesus exposes her sin. (a) Was her answer
truthful? Why or why not?
(b) What issues were addressed in this exchange?
6. The Woman wanted to know where the correct place of worship
(a) What lessons did Christ teach her concerning the who and where of worship? (verses 21-24)
(b) What immediate changes do you see that indicate the woman had become a true worshiper?
7. What was the impact of the Samaritan woman's testimony on the
8. What principles can we learn from the Samaritan woman about
seeking things that cannot satisfy?
9. Read Psalm 42:1-2 and 63:1 (a) How does the Psalmist describe
his thirst for God?
(b) Write out a similar prayer in your own words.