Women of Grace 2005-06
Women of the Bible
Homework for Lesson Three
Your homework will help sharpen your understanding of the Bible
and is a ministry to others as you share your answers in your small group.
Prayerfully think through each answer with the expectation of sharing with
others what God has taught you.
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:13
1. (Genesis 11:27-12:5) From what kind of life did God call
Abraham and Sarah? (see also Joshua 24:2)
2. What promises did God give Abraham when He called him to
3. (Genesis 12:10-20; 20:1-18) (a) How did Abraham and Sarah try
to protect themselves in Egypt and Gerar?
(b) How did God protect Sarah in the harems of both kings?
(c) What consequences followed these deceptions?
(d) How should a wife respond when her husband asks her to sin?
4. (Genesis 16:1-16) (a) How did Sarah show a lack of faith in
waiting on God's promise of a child?
(b) What were the immediate and the long-term consequences?
5. (a) What caused Sarah to laugh in 18:1-15?
(b) What caused her to laugh in 21:1-13?
(c) What made the difference in Sarah's attitude?
6. (I Peter 3:5-6) In what ways did Sarah exemplify godly
submission to Abraham throughout her life?
7. (a) What good gift from God are you longing for?
(b) How will you wait on God's timing without taking matters
into your own hands?
8. What has God taught you from the life of Sarah that you would
like to apply to your own life? Write your answer in the form of a prayer
request (along with any other personal requests) to share with your prayer