Women of Grace 2005-06
Memory Work: Proverbs 31:24
1. Read II Kings 4:8-37; 8:1-6. What was the social and economic
status of the Shunemite woman?
2. In what ways did the Shunemite woman offer hospitality to
3. (a) If her husband had refused the womans suggestion of
preparing a room for Elisha, what would have been the proper response from her?
(b) How could you encourage and nourish a man or woman in Gods
service with the wealth of your possessions?
(c) In which decisions should you submit to authority?
4. Explain what you think the woman meant in her reply to
Gehazi's question. (II Kings 4:13, 14)
5. (II Kings 4:16, 17, 23) When Elisha told the woman she would
have a child,
(a) What was her response?
(b) What did her response reveal about her faith?
6. Choose one word to describe the woman's motive for not
telling her husband about their sons death and tell the reason for your choice.
7. (a) What qualities did you find in the Shunemite woman which
you want to cultivate in yourself?
(b) What similarities do you find between the woman of Proverbs
31 and the woman in Shunem?
. Write a prayer request from the lessons you have learned from
the Shunemite woman this week.